Single Point of Contact
The Single Point of Contact centre has a new phone number - 0300 323 0240
Single Point of Contact (SPC) is a nurse-led, contact centre. We are an established, innovative team of nurses and call handlers responsible for facilitating simple, complex, planned routine and rapid discharges into the community setting. SPCs 'Unplanned Care Direct (UCD)' service provides an administrative service for a wide-range of referrals into the Acute Hospitals (Royal, Aintree, Whiston and Southport) and will also provide alternatives to hospital admissions and accident and emergency attendance by offering appropriate community or outpatient pathways to health and social care professionals across Liverpool, Knowsley and South Sefton.
Our staff have direct access to up-to-date service directories and escalation status reports detailing activity and capacity within acute hospitals, community services, NWAS and many other services across the North Merseyside footprint.
We also provide complete 'front end' administration for many services, including Ambulatory services (Treatment room service, Phlebotomy service and ECG) and Community Nursing services including District Nursing service, Emergency Response Team and Intensive Community Care Team. This involves using a prioritisation tool for efficiency for the district nursing service, clinical telephony triage, messaging, early supported discharges and clinic bookings.
SPC is also working with partners to support and develop the ICRAS step-up and step-down pathways.
SPC operates Mon-Sun, 365 days a year from 8am-9pm (although some services lines operate different hours)
Examples of alternatives to admission offered through UCD and ICSD service lines:
- Intermediate care bed base and community
- Intensive Community Care Team (ICCT)
- Emergency Response Team (ERT) for Health and Social Crisis Intervention
- Community DVT Management
- Community IV Therapy - IV Cellulitis, blood transfusions, antibiotics
- Community Respiratory Management - two hour response to exacerbation of COPD, pneumonia, bronchiectasis and early supported discharge ( Liverpool, Knowsley, South Sefton)
- Frailty Assessment Unit - Rapid Assessment, Ambulatory care, short stay
- District Nursing
- Knowsley Urgent Response Team (KURT)
- Liverpool Out of Hospital Service - Therapies
- Sefton Community Integrated Care Team
- Medical Consultant Hotline for University Hospital Aintree and Royal Liverpool University Hospital
- Community Matrons
- Bed Brokerage
SPC operates a 'no wrong door' approach and will always endeavour to signpost patients and health professionals to the appropriate setting.