Weight Management Team
The Weight Management Team are Specialist Dietitians who provide a service across Liverpool in collaboration with other agencies (including Walk for Health, Active Living and Liveability), to empower patients to make changes towards diet and lifestyle.
The team work closely with the Food Worker Team providing patients with the practical food skills and experience to translate the nutritional advice from the dietitians into practice.
Specific services the Weight Management Team offer:
Individualised advice for patients. This includes assessment clinics and follow up appointments for people who do not attend the weight management group programme. Clinics are located across the city to provide easy access for patients. This service requires a GP referral.
Weight management groups for patients who want to lose weight. These are led by a community dietitian and supported by the community food workers and include:
- Food and nutrition education
- Healthy cooking practical sessions with the community food workers
- Food labelling advice
- Specially calculated portion plans
- Support and motivation and a weekly weigh in
- Behaviour change information to enable you to make life long changes that promote weight loss and help maintain those losses
Group sessions are offered in South, Central and North of the city; there is a limited number of evening groups available. The group sessions run for 12 weeks. This service requires a GP referral.
- Advice for patients who are housebound and need to lose weight. This service requires a GP referral
- Healthy eating talks to community/patient groups