What We Do
Our District Nurses work 7 days a week, 365 days a year and are accessible 24 hours a day providing care to vulnerable and housebound people within their own home or home environment.
What District Nursing Teams provide
Each GP Practice in Liverpool has an identified District Nursing team.
- Manage and deliver care to patients with complex health needs
- Support and advice to patients and their carers in relation to their on-going treatment
- Wound management including leg ulcers
- Palliative care for the terminally ill and care of the dying
- Bereavement support
- Health promotion for individuals, carers and communities
- Referral to other services if deemed appropriate e.g. Social service, occupational therapy
- District Nursing Services, Nights -This is a continuation of the District Night Nursing Service provided during the day
District Nurses are a city wide service who provide care in a patients own home or within a home environment.
Access to the District Nursing service can be made through your General Practitioner (GP).
There are referral criteria into the service and patients need to be over the age of 16 and have clear needs for skilled nursing intervention.
Rate the Service
We always welcome your opinion on the services we provide. Use the short form below to rate this service.
If you have any feedback for our services, please feel free to contact us via our Patient Advice and Liaison Services (PALS).