Breast milk, it's amazing!
NHS organisations across the North West are working together to raise awareness of the health benefits of breastfeeding for mothers and babies in an attempt to make Merseyside breastfeeding friendly. Visit the Amazing Breast Milk website for more information.
On average, breastfed babies have fewer infections in their early life.
By choosing to breastfeed you will be:
- Protecting your baby against from stomach upsets, diabetes and ear infections
- Protect your baby from obesity while you burn up to 500 calories a day
- Reduce your own chances of getting ovarian cancer and breast cancer
Other useful websites
- Amazing Breast Milk
- Association of Breastfeeding Mothers
- Breastfeeding Network
- Children’s Centres
- National Childbirth Trust
- Twins & Multiple Birth Association
- UK Association for Milk Banking (UKAMB)