What We Do
The Armistead is a free and confidential sexual health promotion service for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans (LGBT) people and for male and female sex workers.
The following groups are held in Armistead Centre at The Beat in Liverpool ONE, address can be found under the 'Find Us' section of this page:
An informal space for LGBT people aged 18+ to access information and support from peers and staff.
Tuesdays 5-9pm and Thursdays 2-6pm and Saturdays 4-7pm.
- 45+ Group is a social group for LGBT individuals over the age of 45.
- BOLD is a Support Group for people with Learning Disabilities.
- Positive Men’s Group is a support group for men living with HIV.
- Parents & Carers Group is a support for parents and carers of LGB people.
- Women’s Group: support for Gay and Bisexual Women aged 18 years and over.
- Youth Group each Saturday for individuals aged 13- 19.
For further information about groups held at Armistead please call Armistead’s Helpline on 0151 247 6560.
Drugs and Alcohol
Armistead holds a drug and alcohol harm reduction peer support group for LGBT people every 2nd and 4th Monday of the Month 5:30pm to 7:30pm.
For young LGBT young people aged 13 - 19 for support around lifestyle, homophobia, relationships, sexual health, drugs and alcohol and coming out.
Saturdays 1.00pm - 3.00pm
Outreach is carried out in clubs, bars, pubs, public sex environments (PSEs) and public sex venues. Outreach workers work in pairs and can be identified by the NHS identification they carry. They offer free condoms and lube, and sexual health information. Stop us if you see us about and say 'Hi!’
One to One Appointments
These are available for sexual health, sexuality and lifestyle information and advice, accessing Armistead Services, support and information on services dealing with hate crime, domestic violence, and mental health.
To arrange a one to one appointment, please call Armistead's Helpline on 0151 247 6560.
Appointments are available for on-going counselling for issues such as sexuality, depression, anxiety, homophobia, coming out, relationship issues, self-confidence, bereavement, domestic violence, and issues around HIV.
Appointments are free and confidential.
HIV Rapid Testing
HIV testing drop-in sessions on Wednesdays 2pm-3:30pm
Gay and bisexual men’s sexual health clinic every Monday.
For further information or appointment please call Armistead’s helpline on 0151 247 6560.
- LIV.FAST Network is a Trans Support Service for female to male Trans individuals which meets on the third Wednesday of each month.
- Spirit Level is a Trans Support Service for male and female Trans individuals which meets on the first and third Monday of each month.
- Queer Notions is a mental health support service facilitated by Registered Mental Health Nurses (RMNs) and volunteers with a mental health professional background. This group runs alongside the LGBT drop-in 7-9pm (see LGBT drop-in section for more details).
- OUTreach Liverpool CAB, a citywide advice and information service for the LGBT community is based at the Armistead Centre at The Beat on a Tuesday 5-9pm and Thursday 2-6pm.
- Merseyside and Cheshire Transgender Family Support Group meet bimonthly on the second Saturday.
Armistead Street Outreach
Outreach is carried out across the city of Liverpool on streets and in areas where female and male sex workers base themselves. Outreach workers work in pairs and can be identified by the NHS identification they carry. They offer free condoms and lube, sexual health information, free needles and work as part of an emergency street based needle exchange service.
The helpline can be accessed for information and advice on a range of issues, including sexuality, gender, coming out, sexual health, drugs and alcohol, sex work and referrals to TSS and other services.
Armistead’s helpline runs:
- Mon-Fri: 10am-6pm
- Saturday 11am-7pm.
Call us on 0151 247 6560.
To access any of our services or for information and support ring on 0151 247 6560
- Monday - Friday: 10.00am – 6.00pm
- Saturday: 11.00am - 7.00pm
Based in Liverpool City Centre.
Liverpool, L1 4AF
Helpline: 0151 247 6560
Secure Fax: 0151 247 6599
Administration Office: 0151 247 6500
To access any of our services or for information and support ring our Helpline on 0151 247 6560 or The Beat administration office on 0151 247 6500.