Adult Community Physiotherapy
What We Do
We are a team of state registered physiotherapists providing physiotherapy to the local adult population that are registered with a Liverpool GP. We treat people within their home environment, and where appropriate, other community settings providing a service to people who are housebound, or who are best treated at home.
We assess and then provide advice, education and treatment for people with a range of physical problems. These may be caused by accidents, ageing, disease or disability.
We aim to promote independence and improve quality of life.
Depending upon the persons needs they will be directed on to one of the following specialist pathways; Neurological Rehabilitation, Care Homes, Falls Prevention or Specialist Community.
Within these pathways we treat patients with respiratory conditions, orthopaedic and musculoskeletal conditions, neurological conditions plus palliative care patients and patients with mobility problems.
Following assessment the physiotherapist may offer you one or more of the following treatments:
- An individualised home exercise programme
- Advice on how to manage your condition – (self-management strategies)
- Falls prevention advice
- Advice regarding suitable equipment
- Provision of appropriate mobility aids
- Pain management, e.g. TENS, Acupuncture
- Provision of information regarding services that may be of help to you
Core hours for the service are Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
Patient Information Leaflets
- Click here to download the Liverpool Community Physiotherapy Patient Information Leaflet.
The Liverpool team are based at:
Liverpool Community Health NHS Trust
Bayliss Suite 2
Liverpool Innovations Park
Liverpool L7 9NJ
Tel: 0151 295 3988
Fax: 0151 295 3987
Core hours: Mon-Fri 08.30-16.30
Referrals into the service are through your GP or any healthcare professional involved in your care.
- The Liverpool area referral form can be downloaded here. Health professionals, please fax your completed form to 0151 295 3987.
Rate the Service
If you have any feedback for our services, please feel free to contact us via our Patient Advice and Liaison Services (PALS).