Liverpool Community Health provides a range of specialist community NHS services including GPs, Dental, Sexual Health, Walk-in Centres, District Nurses, Health Visitors, Therapists and out of hospital care.
- Our Performance
Find out about our performance by reading our performance reports, or by checking out our CQC rating
- Performance Reports
- Liverpool Community Health's Performance Reports will be published here.
- “Research is vital in providing the evidence we ...
- GP Area
- This area will be developed over the coming months to contain a range of important resources for GPs, including the latest information about our core community services, referral processes, essential contact details and key patient pathways.
- News & Events
- Here you can find information on the latest news and upcoming events for the Liverpool Community Health NHS Trust
- A-Z of Services
View the wide range of health services that Liverpool Community Health offer
- Blood Testing Services
- Find out information about Liverpool Community Health's Blood Testing Services
- Children & Families
Find out information about Liverpool Community Health's Children & Family Services
- Health Visiting
Liverpool Community Health's Health Visitors are registered nurses or midwives who have who have a specialised qualification in the care and development of pre-school children.
- A Day in the Life of Health Visitors
- Find out about the day in the life of a Health Visitor at Liverpool Community Health NHS Trust.
- School Health Team
Information on the School Health Team, and the wider child health team.
- A Day in the Life of School Nurses
- A day in the life of School Nurses at Liverpool Community Health NHS Trust.
- Young People
- Confidential School Drop in Service Your school nurse is ...
- Parents & Carers
- Confidential School Drop in Service - All school nurses ...
- Special School Nurses
- The special school nursing team consists of qualified nurses ...
- Link Nurse Service
- The Link Nurse Service consists of qualified nurses with ...
- Smithdown Children's Walk-in Centre
- Vaccination & Immunisation
- The Vaccination and Immunisation service exists to ensure the safe and effective delivery of all vaccine programmes within Liverpool and Sefton, and to maintain standards of clinical excellence.
- Dental Services
- Liverpool Community Health's Dental service provides dental, clinical and public health services complementing and supplementing those of the General Dental Services.
- Equipment Services
Find out information about Liverpool Community Health's Equipment Services
- Community Equipment
- The Community Equipment service provides health and social care equipment to meet the needs of Liverpool and Sefton residents.
- Community Equipment Nurse Specialist (CENS) Service
- The Community Equipment Nurse Specialist (CENS) Service for Liverpool Community Health assess equipment needed by patients at home or in care homes.
- Liverpool Manual Handling Service
- Liverpool Manual Handling Service identifies the practical difficulties and risks for people undertaking manual handling activities.
- Wheelchair Service
- Liverpool Wheelchair Service assesses patients for the right wheelchair for them.
- Adult Wheelchair in a Day
- Information about the Adult Wheelchair in a Day scheme
- Intermediate Care
The Intermediate Care Service prevent people from being admitted to hospital if possible, support people to return home after a recent hospital admission, and enable people to live at home rather than in a care home, if they choose.
- Discharge Planning
- The Discharge (from hospital) Planning service has two teams of experienced nurses based at Aintree Hospital and Royal Liverpool Broadgreen University Hospital Trust (RL&BUHT).
- The Community Assessment Team aims to undertake high quality patient centred nursing assessments to ensure patients receive the right care, at the right time, in the right place.
- Nursing Services
Find out information about Liverpool Community Health's Nursing Services
- Community Matrons
- Community Matrons are highly experienced nurses who work closely with patients and their doctors, to plan and organise care.
- Community Specialist Palliative Care Team
- Information on the End of Life/Palliative Care service.
- Adults Bladder & Bowel Service
- The Bladder & Bowel Service offer advice, assessment, treatment and management of bladder and bowel dysfunction.
- District Nursing
- Liverpool Community Health provide District Nursing teams across Liverpool. They work closely with GPs and other health professionals, patients and their carers to improve or maintain health and promote independence, by providing high quality nursing care in the home environment.
- Infection Control Nursing
The Infection Control Nursing team is a group of specially trained nurses who provide advice and support on all matters relating to Infectious diseases within Liverpool and Sefton Communities.
- Policies & Clinical Guidance
- This page contains information and downloadable documents with regards to Infection Prevention and Control Clinical Policies and Guidance.
- Useful Websites
- A list of websites that can be useful in relation to Infection Prevention & Control.
- Publications, Posters and Resources
- A range of publications and posters that can be used in relation to Infection Prevention & Control. Audit Tools, Social Care Act
- Intravenous (IV) Therapy Team
- Information on the Intravenous (IV) Therapy Team who perform blood transfusions as part of the service.
- Skin Care Service
- Information on the Skin Care Service for Liverpool Community Health.
- Health Technology Service
- Health Technology is a way of using technology to monitor your own health, with the support of professionals. It can help you stay well, become more independent and give you peace of mind in your own home whilst reducing the likelihood of you needing emergency hospital treatment.
- Healthy Eating
Find out information about Liverpool Community Health's Healthy Eating Services
- Diabetes Dietetic Service
- The Diabetes Dietetic Service provide a high quality service for all those who access the service with diabetes.
- Nutrition & Dietetics
- The Nutrition & Dietetics team at Liverpool Community Health can support you to have healthier eating habits.
- Nutrition Support Team
- Find out more about what the Nutrition Support Team offer.
- Healthy recipes provided by the Nutrition and Dietetics teams at LCH.
- Weight Management Team
- The Weight Management Team are Specialist Dietitians who empower patients to make changes towards diet and lifestyle.
- Podiatry Service
- The Podiatry service provides foot care, wound care, diabetic foot care and advice, nail surgery and health education among other treatments.
- Public Health
- Find out information about Liverpool Community Health's Public Health Services
- Sexual Health
Find out information about Liverpool Community Health's Sexual Health Services
Abacus aims to provide you with advice, counselling and information on all aspects of your sexual health. The service will provide you with all methods of reversible contraception, some screening for sexually transmitted infections and advice about unplanned pregnancy.
- Abacus Counselling
- Find out about our free and confidential Abacus Counselling session that are available to men and women of all ages.
- The Armistead is a free and confidential sexual health promotion service for Gay, Bisexual and Transgender people and for male and female sex workers.
- SAFE Place Merseyside
SAFE Place Merseyside is a Sexual Assault Referral Centre. We aim to provide choice and confidential support to adults or young people following sexual assault or rape.
- Support Information
- Support websites and contact numbers for sexual assault.
- So To Speak
- So To Speak is a sexual health information and education service for young people aged 13–19yrs that live or socialise in Liverpool - Particularly those at risk of social exclusion and those who are not in Employment, Education or Training.
- Trans Support Service TSS
- Find out about the LCH Trans Support Service (TSS) which supports clients with Gender Dysphoria.
- Love is Infectious
- Test & Treatment
Find out information about Liverpool Community Health's Test and Treatment Services
- Treatment Rooms
- The Treatment Room Service, are nurse led clinics across numerous locations providing care to anyone over 5 years of age.
- Therapy Services
Find out information about Liverpool Community Health's Therapy Services
- Adult Speech & Language Therapy
- Speech and Language Therapists serve Liverpool residents who are experiencing communication and/or swallowing difficulties.
- Community Falls Team
- The Community Falls Team is a Multi-disciplinary team consisting of Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, and a part time Podiatrist, who are supported by Assistant Practitioner staff. We provide assessment and rehabilitation for adults who have fallen or who are at high risk of falling. We work with patients and their carers within their own home or in the local community.
- Adults Community Occupational Therapy
- Community Occupational Therapists provide assessment, equipment, advice and rehabilitation to the adult population of Liverpool and Sefton.
- Community Physiotherapy
- The Adult Community Physiotherapy team consists of registered physiotherapists who provide physiotherapy to the local adult population that are registered with a Liverpool or South Sefton GP.
- Walk-in Centres
Find out information about Liverpool Community Walk-in Centres
- Old Swan NHS Walk-in Centre
- Old Swan NHS Walk in Centre provides fast and convenient access to NHS advice and treatment. It is a Nurse-led service and is open 365 days a year.
- Liverpool City Centre NHS Walk-in Centre
- Liverpool City Centre NHS Walk-in Centre provides fast and convenient access to NHS advice and treatment. It is a Nurse-led service and is open 365 days a year.
- Smithdown Children's NHS Walk-in Centre
- Smithdown Children's NHS Walk-in Centre is the only centre in the UK of its kind, and provides fast and convenient access to NHS advice and treatment. It is a Nurse-led service and is open 365 days a year.
- South Liverpool NHS Walk-in Centre
- South Liverpool NHS Walk-in Centre provides fast and convenient access to NHS advice and treatment. It is a Nurse-led service and is open 365 days a year.
- Intensive Community Care Team
- Intensive Community Care Team (ICCT) is a multi-disciplinary team of health professionals providing rapid response care for patients, who would otherwise be likely to be admitted to hospital.
- Who We Are
Liverpool Community Health NHS Trust is at the heart of the delivery of healthcare within the communities of Liverpool and Sefton reaching a population of approximately 750,000 people.
- Corporate Citizen
- As an NHS Organisation we have a responsibility to behave as a Good Corporate Citizen and will work toward achieving greater social inclusion, equality and improvement in the health of our community that we serve.
- Corporate Governance
- Information on Corporate Governance and how Liverpool Community Health is directed and controlled.
- Equality & Diversity
Find out more about equality and diversity in Liverpool Community Health.
- Equality Analysis
- Equality Analysis at Liverpool Community Health Equality Analysis offers ...
- Equality Objectives
- Liverpool Community Health is committed to creating a culture ...
- Equality Monitoring
- Equality Monitoring, an explanation of what this means to patients and why the Trust needs to records this information.
- Interpretation and Translation
- Information on Interpretation and Translation services, with useful links and contact information.
- Learning Disability Resource
Learning difficulties mean that individuals may need support in new environments, such as health centres, and may not understand information relating to their health needs if it is not presented to them in an accessible manner. Find out more here.
- Speech and Language Therapy Communication Pack
- Download the Speech and Language Therapy communication pack to assist with communication needs.
- Challenging Hate Crime
- Liverpool Community Health challenges all types of Hate Crime and discrimination.
- Equality, Diversity & Human Rights Week 2015
- Equality, Diversity & Human Rights Week 2016 - Information & documents
- Meet the Board
The role of the Trust Board is to ensure that we deliver high quality healthcare and improve the health of the people of Liverpool and to oversee the performance of the organisation and monitor the way we deliver our business.
- Non-Executive Directors
- Introductions to the Non-Executive Directors of Liverpool Community Health NHS Trust.
- Executive Directors
- Introduction to the Executive Directors of Liverpool Community Health NHS Trust.
- Board Meetings
Minutes from and future dates of Board meetings for Liverpool Community Health.
- 2010 Board Meetings
- Board papers from 2010 meetings for Liverpool Community Health.
- 2011 Board Meetings
- Board papers from 2011 meetings for Liverpool Community Health.
- 2012 Board Meetings
- Board papers from 2012 meetings for Liverpool Community Health.
- 2013 Board Meetings
- Board papers from 2013 meetings for Liverpool Community Health.
- 2014 Board Meetings
- Board papers from 2014 meetings for Liverpool Community Health.
- 2015 Board Meetings
- Board papers from 2015 meetings for Liverpool Community Health.
- 2016 Board Meetings
- LCH Board Meetings 2016: January 2016 Board Pack February 2016 Board Pack March ...
- Our Partners
- A list of Liverpool Community Health's partners in delivering care and services to the community.
- Supply of Goods
- Information on the NHS Conditions of Contract for the Supply of Services, and the Purchase of Goods, which need to be met to supply goods and services to LCH.
- Where We Work
- Information on the work Liverpool Community Health staff do across Liverpool and Sefton.
- Vision and Values
- Information on the Vision and Strateguc Objectives for the future of Liverpool Community Health, and the Values that our staff uphold.
- Proud to Care
- Proud to Care Blogs
Christo Chakalov, The Social Inclusion Team
The ICCT Team
The Procurement Team
The Practice ...
- Christo Chakalov, The Social Inclusion Team
- Christo Chakalov, from the Social Inclusion Team, discusses why ...
- The ICCT Team
- The ICCT Team share why they are Proud to Care. ...
- The Procurement Team
- The Procurement Team share why they're proud to ...
- The Practice Nurse Development Team
- This week, the Practice Nurse Development Team share ...
- Community Matrons at Dovecot Health Centre
- Glynis Chu, Susan Tay, Jo Bentley, Kath Nicholls, ...
- Healthy You
Learn more about the small steps you can take to help stay as healthy as possible and reduce health problems.
- Be Alcohol Aware
- Drinking guidelines and alcohol intake advice.
- Be Clear On Cancer
- Be Clear on the symptoms of Bowel, Breast and Lung cancer.
- Information on the benefits of breastfeeding.
- Examine Your Options
- Do you know what your options are this ...
- Healthy Sefton
- Healthy Sefton is a local service for Sefton residents ...
- Military Veterans
- The UK Government has pledged to support Military Veterans with priority NHS care and Liverpool Community Health are supporting this initiative.
- Seasonal Flu
- Information and frequently asked questions about the flu vaccination.
- Open & Honest
Find out about Liverpool Community Healths commitment to be more open and honest with patients, visitors, staff and the general public.
- CQC Report
- Freedom of Information
- Information on the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and how to request information.
- Privacy Statement
- Privacy statement for Liverpool Community Health NHS Trust website.
Liverpool Community Health produce a number of public documents which detail the work of various sections of the organisation. You can find Reports and Accounts in this section.
- Publication Scheme
- The Freedom of Information (FoI) Act 2000 and Environmental ...
- Transparency of Expenditure
Details of any transactions by Liverpool Community Health over £25,000.
- Transparency of Expenditure document between 2010-2011.
- Transparency of Expenditure document between 2011-2012.
- Transparency of Expenditure document between 2012-2013.
- Transparency of Expenditure document between 2013-2014.
- Transparency of Expenditure document between 2014-2015.
- Transparency of Expenditure document between 2015-2016.
- Transparency of Expenditure document between 2016-2017.
- The 2017 - 2018 transparency of expenditure documents can be ...
- Safer Staffing
- At Liverpool Community Health NHS Trust we take the quality and care of our patients very seriously and already have a number of mechanisms in place to ensure that our wards are safely staffed.
- Speak Out Safely
- Liverpool Community Health supports Nursing Times Speak Out Safely campaign.
- You & Your Health Records
- Find out how your health information is handled, and about the Data Protection Act.
Find out more about how to join the Liverpool Community Health NHS Trust team. We are at the heart of the delivery of healthcare within the communities of Liverpool, Sefton and Knowsley.
- Current Jobs
- Staff Networks
Information on the Staff Networks for NHS Trusts in Liverpool, including Black and Minority Ethnic (BME), Disabled, and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGB&T) networks.
- Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) Staff Network
- Information and leaflets on the Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) Staff Network.
- Who We Are
- Contact Us
Find out how to contact Liverpool Community Health and learn more about Freedom of Information.
- Freedom of Information
- Media Enquiries
- Contact details for media enquiries, and latest news about the Trust can be found here.
- Patient Experience
To provide health services that our communities really need, we need input from our patients to ensure that we truly serve people’s needs.
- Compliments & Complaints
Who can compliment, comment or complain?
Anyone who is ...
- View the compliments that Liverpool Community Health has received from the public.
- As a Trust, we are committed to continuously improving ...
- Friends & Family / Rate Our Services
The NHS friends and family test is an important opportunity for you to provide feedback on the care and treatment you receive from the Liverpool Community Health.
- Friends & Family Test
- We would value your opinion in rating our service and in providing feedback that will help develop and evaluate our services.
- Healthwatch is an independent body whose role is to ...
- Patient Experience & Involvement Strategy 2015 - 2017
- There are many ways to assess patient experience with ...
- Patient Opinion
- Patient Opinion was founded in 2005 and since then ...
- Patient Stories
- LCH would like our patients and families to share their stories ...
- Safer Staffing
- You & Your Health Records
- Patient Experience Form
- We would value your opinion providing feedback that will help develop and evaluate our services.
- How to Find Us
You can find information on how to locate and travel to Liverpool Community Healths Clinics in this section.
- Clinic Addresses
- Find information on the location and contact details for the Liverpool Community Health Clinics.
- Information on accessibility on Liverpool Community Health's website.